Pavilion Theatre, 1975

£80.00

Hand drawn pen & ink artwork by Ben Holland.

Located a few doors away from the Tyne Theatre. The Pavilion Theatre was opened on 23rd December 1903. The internal decorations were by Felix de Jong and included busts of naked ladies as part of the decoration.

Sometime music and variety hall, it found its full time place as a cinema in 1928 when taken over by Denman/Gaumont British Theatres. It eventually closed on the 29th November 1975 with a screening of Truman Capote’s ‘In Cold Blood’ as its last feature.

In stock

Categories: , , .

Description
  • Limited edition print of 100
  • Mounted, signed and numbered
  • Giclée print on 310gsm archival paper
  • Available in A3 (297 x 420mm) size